Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thank You


This morning when I woke up, the video about "Sunday's Coming" was just playing in my mind. I'm so thankful I serve an awesome God who covers my sins and gives me an eternal life, a life I will spend with Him, Jamie, Lilianna, and Brynlee.

My mom reminded me about how Brynlee will blink her eyes in Heaven, and then I'll be there. Her wait won't be as long as mine. I still have many purposes to fulfill and hers to complete, which I pray I complete each one to its fullest potential. That is the desire of my heart.

I miss her so much. I've been holding her blanket, staring at my pictures of her, and gazing upon her beautiful handprints and footprints a lot because it brings me peace to feel close to her and recognize that she has been a gift to me from God.

Before I called my aunt Friday night and asked her to come to Little Rock, she had a dream where she saw God's big outstretched hands reaching out for Brynlee and my dad and grandma were standing in the background anxiously awaiting her arrival while my Grandma was saying, "She's coming. She's coming." That has brought me a lot of peace as well. I'm thankful my Aunt Cindy and Ashley were there for me all weekend to help meet my needs.

I'm feeling much better, but I still feel like I have some shortness of breath. I was told it will take a while for my body to return to normal. I have a big story to share with you about how lucky I am to be alive, so I'll share that story soon.

Right now, I'm just so overwhelmed by how much I have been blessed by my Harp Elementary family, Girls Fellowship Night bible study group, and my church, family, and friends.

God has blessed me greatly with LOVE!

A dear friend of ours picked up Brynlee for us today and, surprisingly, drove her straight to us from Little Rock. We are so thankful for Ben West and his loving heart. I cried all afternoon because I thought it was so sweet of him to bring her straight to us. We pray God blesses him greatly!

Our Harp Elementary family has given us money for gas, a pantry full of groceries Monday night, and they even collected sick days for Jamie! My third grade team has gone above and beyond to check on me each day and bring a smile to my face. I'm thankful for my intern who has been working hard to take care of my class too. My principal has shined a light on me that has overwhelmed my heart. The instructional facilitators and my fourth grade team did many things to comfort me up to the day I went to Little Rock, and I'm very thankful to Sarah P. for bringing the groceries to my house. Ashley Davis blessed me with her enriching words on Facebook as well.

Speaking of Facebook, I have greatly enjoyed reading all of your comments of love, support, and prayer. Each hour, your comments comforted me and brought me happiness at just the right time. 

My bible study group, GFN, has sent me note cards of encouragement for weeks, set up a meal calendar for me to receive meals for weeks, and are coming to my house tomorrow night just to love on me. I am so blessed, and I love them so much. I have loved the songs Nellie Beall has sent me, and Bonnie King has been a constant blessing in my life since the first day I met her. Again, thank you to Jennifer S. for setting up the meal calendar. :) 

My Texarkana friends sent me a beautiful necklace to wear with charms for Lilianna and Brynlee. I can't thank Paula, Tiffany, Sara, and Colleen enough for all the love they have bestowed upon me over the years!

Additionally, my students and family members have decorated my home with flowers! Our parents' friends have been blessing them and us as well with meals, soups, and fresh breads. Church friends have blessed us with cupcakes and goodie bags galore. I especially want to thank Emily Middleton, Hazel Middleton, and Donna Robinson for helping with all of their medical expertise, wisdom, and support. It blessed me to have their help during this time and to know that they were there for me.

My mom's coworker, Renae H., quilted a beautiful blanket for Brynlee that I will cherish forever. 

Our doctors and nurses must be thanked too, especially UAMS. I didn't realize how much danger my life was in Friday night. I'm thankful they did what they could to save me and give me many more days with Jamie, the love of my life and best husband in the world, and Lilianna, the fragrance and joy of my life. I'll update you guys more about this story soon. It's a testimony! 

Jamie has been the best husband in the world. He has shown me abundant love and met my every need. His arms uphold me, and his hands wipe away my tears. I'm blessed to be married to him, grow with him, learn with and from him, and experience these times with him because we get our strength from each other. I love you Jamie Green!

Last, I must thank my mom for cleaning my house for me Sunday night. I pray God heals her back soon! :) I love you Mom! :) :) :) My in-laws have also been very supportive and helpful with Lilianna. I LOVE YOU TOO!

I pray God blesses each person who has uplifted us in prayer and given to us. We know what it means to be held. We have been held by your love and prayers, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!


Overall, Sunday is coming. Christ rose from the grave to forgive our sins, make us anew, and give us eternal life in Heaven. I'm so thankful for Heaven. I know that's where I'll see Brynlee Sharon Green and hold her for eternity. I love all of you, and I thank you for your love and compassion from the bottom of my heart. 


John 11:25-26 
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

Dear Jesus, 
         Thank you for Brynlee Sharon Green. Thank you for 25 weeks of a lifetime lived to glorify you and fulfill your purposes and plans. Thank you for saving my life. Thank you for blessing us with friends and family who have blessed us more than we can imagine. Thank you for loving us, dying for our sins, and giving us eternal life. Thank you for Sunday! We pray we fulfill all the purposes for which Brynlee was given to us to their fullest potential. We want to glorify You in all that we do. Help us to be a blessing to others and to all of those who have given to us. May we continue to find comfort from the prayers from everyone who has prayed for us. Lead us into this next year with an overwhelming peace, comfort, and grace. We know you will continue to meet our needs. We love you, trust you, and praise you for giving us this opportunity to glorify Your name. 
                                                                                                                          Amen. 

If you would like to honor Brynlee with a donation, you may contribute to Loving Choices at www.supportlc.org. Please note that your donation is in honor of Brynlee Green. 





No comments:

Post a Comment