Thursday, January 24, 2013

While I'm Waiting

Last night, I got the results back from the TORCH test I took last week, and the results were "ambiguous," meaning there could be an infection. At this time, the doctors are not sure.  Therefore, I had to take another test today, and I will get the results next week. If the test proves there is an infection, they could give Brynlee a blood transfusion once they feel it is an appropriate time and that could take away all the fluid. Also, it will prevent her from becoming anemic and developing further heart problems. However, a blood transfusion is risky, so they won't do it until they feel it is necessary. Next Friday, I will go to Little Rock to have a fetal heart ultrasound. It will tell me if Brynlee is having any problems with her heart. Meanwhile, I'm praying God heals her and takes away all the fluid or completely protects her heart until they do the blood transfusion, and if they do the transfusion, it will be successful. If the results show there is not an infection, we simply must keep praying for all the fluid to go away. 

We know she is in God's hands, and we are so thankful for all the prayers. The prayers have been amazing since December 14th.  God has completely carried us through this entire process. 

Last year, I put these two scriptures on a note card on my mirror in my bathroom. They mean so much to me now. 

James 1:4

The Message (MSG)

Faith Under Pressure

2-4 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

and 

Isaiah 26:3

New International Version (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.

God is so good, and there is no other name sweeter than Jesus, my master and savior. He has kept us in peace, and we will continue to trust in his timing. Meanwhile, I cherish every kick and turn I feel from sweet Brynlee! She gives me so much HOPE and JOY! 

While we are waiting, we are praying God will take away all this fluid and completely and supernaturally protect her heart. Last week, her blood flow looked hopeful, so we are praying it stays that way. 

Again, thank you for your endless and constant prayers. We pray God blesses you for taking time to think of us and pray for our miracle. 

This song, "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller was introduced to me a few years ago by a dear friend who was encouraged by it during her season of waiting. Now, her life is full of two sweet miracles, she is blessed beyond measure, and her cup runneth over. Love you, A.B.! 



Again, thank you to Renae Burt Photography for the sweet pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! The verse popped up on my bible app and I wanted to share it with you. I had no idea you had posted that song about waiting! WOW! God is so cool! here it is/ "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. (Romans 8:26-28 MSG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone knows how big our God is, it's us.... and we're praying for you and your precious girl! God DOES perform miracles... our son is proof over an over and over again!

    ReplyDelete